Nicki Minaj held her owned during the interview she had with Funkmaster Flex of Hot 97 about her cancelation during Summer Jam. I want to say from jump that I, in no way, stan for Nicki Minaj, but, she rocked during that interview, and that’s the only reason I may sound like I’m on her side. Flex’s voice was cracking the entire time, and he sounded like he was too in his feelings, when there was no personal attack against him. But, dah well.
During the interview, several issues were touched on. Maybe not the most significant, but they tried. There are some things I will address, though. Here it is:
1) Nicki, pulling the “I’m a female card” in 2012 sets women back some decades. You can’t be in a male dominated industry and when things get rough go, “hey, hol’ up. I’m a girl. Don’t forget.” Particularly, when ya boy Drake said some things about Kim that you okayed. But, I digress.
2) The real issue was obviously with what Rosenberg had to say. But, alas, he wasn’t even involved in the phone call. So, to be truthfully honest, the whole thing was pointless.
3) Flex, please stop with the crocodile tears. I was astounded when you said you felt “disrespected” when Young Money pulled out. Umm… they were disrespected first! But, okay. I guess you got that one. Ya nose stayed in her cooch the whole interview, though. All that hype stuff you said dissing Nicki was negated like hell during this phone call. I’m just saying.
4) Why book someone when you don’t like them? When Nicki made that point I clapped. It made so much sense.
5) At the end of the day, it’s about the fans. Yes Nicki, you were disrespected, but your fans were let down. You should’ve still done it, and came at everyone’s neck who dissed you during the performance on some real boss shit. But, alas…
That’s just my little two cents. You know I always have to add it. Check out the interview courtesy of Miss Jia after the jump. Nicki also plans to make it up to her fans by doing a free show in NYC. Go ‘head girl. Please weigh in. I want to hear everything you have to say.